- Boards and Commissions Home
- Boards & Commissions List
- Budget Committee
- Development Review Commission
- Historic Resources Advisory Board
- Library Advisory Board
- Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Advisory Board
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board [Archive]
- Planning Commission
- Redevelopment Agency
- Sustainability Advisory Board
- Transportation Advisory Board
- 50+ Advisory Board
- Tourism Advisory Committee
- Youth Members on Advisory Boards
- City Council
- Vacancies & Applications
About the Youth Members on Advisory Boards
The City of Lake Oswego City Council appoints youth members to six advisory boards each year. One youth member is appointed to the Historic Resources Advisory Board, the Library Advisory Board, the 50+ Advisory Board and the Transportation Advisory Board.Two youth members are appointed to the Sustainability Advisory Board and the Parks, Recreation and Natural Resources Advisory Board. Youth members work with other board members through regular meetings and gain insight on city programs, make recommendations to City Council and discuss current trends that benefit the city. We encourage high school students who live in Lake Oswego to apply.
Applications will be available on May 1st through August 15th on our Boards and Commission home page and appointments are made in September with one-year terms through August of the following year.
Students are strongly encouraged to attend a meeting of the board they wish to serve on and review the board webpage prior to their interview. Meeting dates and times can be found by consulting the City Calendar and descriptions of each board can be found on the Boards and Commissions Menu.
Thank you for your interest in serving our community!