Angler's Club, Circa 1932
Location:4375 South Shore Boulevard
This house was designed by architect Edward J. Green and built on property at the western tip of the lake purchased by the Lake Grove Anglers Club from the Oregon Iron and Steel Company. It was constructed in a period of major development for the area, as many summer cottages, year-round homes, and recreational amenities were built near the shores of Oswego Lake. This property is significant as a fine example of the Arts and Crafts style as well as for its association with recreational development in Lake Oswego. The vocabulary is associated with English country architecture. Various projections and attachments to house and garage enhance the “village” appearance.