Rogers House, Circa 1929
Location: 59 Wilbur Street
George and Lottie Rogers built this house in 1929 for $9,000. Set in the heart of Old Town, one of Oswego’s earliest neighborhoods created primarily for workers of the Oregon Iron and Steel Company. In 1923 George Rogers opened a grocery store on State Street which many local residents considered to be one of the finest places in Oswego. Rogers was also in the business of selling rocks around Lake Oswego. According to his wife, “The bottom part of our house is stone and upper story is brick from the old furnace by the cement plant before it was torn down.” Starting in 1945 Mr. Rogers served on the City Council for many years. In 1961 the City Council named Lake Oswego’s largest park at the time -- Rogers Park -- after him for his untiring devotion to the City’s development.