Skip to Main Content

St. Catherine's Hall, Circa 1937

St. Catherine's Hall

St. Catherine's Hall, Circa 1937

Location: Pacific Highway


St. Catherine’s Hall was originally named St. Rose’s Residence Hall.  The name was changed to eliminate confusion with Villa St. Rose, a home for delinquent girls in Portland.  Notable decorative features include a recessed entrance with complex arch, pinecone pendant, and medallion at the keystone position.  The Marylhurst complex of buildings share a common history and to some degree common physical characteristics.  Many of the buildings are significant for their architectural qualities.  All of the historic buildings are significant for their association with the Sister of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary who have made a major contribution to the state of Oregon by their continued efforts in the area of education.