Richard W. and Mildred Beatrice Deaver. Sundeleaf House, Circa 1939-40
Location: 16715 Phantom Bluff Ct
The Richard W. and Mildred Beatrice Deaver Sundeleaf House exhibits many of the character-defining features associated with the Tudor Revival style, including, a steeply pitched, side-gable, cedar shingle clad roof, primary stucco siding and secondary half-timbered brick siding, windows with lead muntins, wood-framed multilight windows, and an asymmetrical form reminiscent of a late-medieval English manor.
The home is sited on a well-landscaped lot with brick terraces and planters, filled with flowering shrubs and perennial and annual plantings. The home is roughly centered on the lot, sitting approximately 160 feet from both the lake and Phantom Bluff Court. A long driveway leads from Phantom Bluff Court to the east edge of the lot and then curves around the house to the west to a parking area on the east side of the home.
The two-story house has a wide, steeply pitched, low gable roof with two front-gabled projections on the west end of the south façade and two front-gabled projections on the west end of the north façade. The roof is clad in cedar shingles. A wall chimney is located at the west end of the house, and gabled dormers are on both the north and south roof slopes. Another brick chimney is located on the southernmost gable end. The chimney steps in at the roofline and is capped with a metal chimney cap.