On April 16, 2013 the City Council approved a revised Comprehensive Plan process. Staff was directed to accomplish the following in the preparation of final revisions to the Comprehensive Plan before they are presented to the Planning Commission and the City Council for public hearings and final adoption:
- Identify for Council consideration subject matter, goals and policies that are unrelated to land use;
- Maintain a list of those items listed in Number 1 and prepare a report on how those items could be addressed separately;
- Identify for Council consideration policies that direct the City to increase residential densities and to add mixed uses in neighborhood residential zones;
- Identify for Council consideration policies that may obligate the City to future actions that would have budgetary impacts; and
- Provide a tracking system so that proposed changes to the existing Comprehensive Plan can be clearly understood.
The Planning Commission has held numerous work sessions in response to the City Council's direction.
Package 1 consists of the following topics: Community Culture, Complete Neighborhoods and Housing, Inspiring Spaces & Places, Economic Vitality, and Connected Community.
Package 2 consists of the following topics: Community Health & Public Safety, Land Use Planning, and Urbanization. Please note that Healthy Ecosystems was pulled from the Comprehensive Plan Update and will be coordinated with the City's ongoing Sensitive Lands work program.
Please use the links below to to view the agendas and meeting material for these work sessions.