- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Find a Parks & Recreation Job
- Get a Block Party Permit
- Get a Film Permit
- Get a Special Event Permit
- Photograph Commercially in a LO Park
- Receive Human Services
- Register for Classes
- Register for Sports Leagues
- Reserve Athletic Fields
- Reserve a Picnic Shelter
- Reserve a Room for a Meeting
- Scholarship Program
- Teach a Class and Submit a Proposal
- View Documents
- View Fall Catalog
- View Forms & Permits
Winter Field Closure: All Natural Turf Grass and Baseball/Softball fields are closed for the winter November 13, 2017 - February 28, 2018.
Field Use Permit Process
Field use reservations (for city (parks), elementary and junior high school district fields) are made through Parks & Recreation by application. Reservations may be made for scheduled youth organization seasonal use, games, sports contests, tournaments, camps & clinics and hourly rentals. Practices are first-come, first-served for everyone. Fields cannot be reserved less than 7 days in advance of the event. If a field is not permitted to an organization or group then use is first-come, first-served.
Click here to apply for a field use permit (including rentals) or to view field availability. You must create an account to use the program.
Field use fees vary based on residency or type of rental.
- All field rental applications and fees from groups other than non-local youth organizations are due at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled activity or the field permit will not be approved.
- To reserve (permit) fields for tournaments and camps, field use fees are due at least 14 days in advance of the event. This is based on the amount of fields requested for the event. If the payment is not received at least 14 days in advance, the fields will be released back to the public.
Field Condition Status
An email subscription is now in place to send field status updates to approved organizations using athletic fields. Updates will notify you of the playing conditions being playable, questionable or closed. The email is sent each weekday by 2 p.m. Managers/coaches must use their best judgment regarding playing conditions on weekends, unless Parks & Recreation decides to close the fields for the weekend on Friday afternoon. If the field is too wet, managers accept responsibility for increased injuries and damage to the fields (which may prevent future use).
Click here to subscribe to the email list.
Priority for field use:
- City activities on City fields with Schools second
- School activities on School fields with City second
- Community youth sports organizations
- Non-profit organizations and non-local youth organizations
- Private groups/clubs/individuals or rentals
Lights for Ball Fields
Lighted ball field facilities are available with lighted hours, programmed by the Parks & Recreation Department. Facilities under the City's jurisdiction include George Rogers park, East Waluga Park, Westlake Park, Hazelia Field at Luscher Farm, Lake Oswego Jr. High and Lakeridge Jr. High. Lights are not allowed past 10pm to conform with park hours.
Contact us for field questions, including rental rates:
For info on field reservations or questions: Jean Ostrander, Parks and Field Reservation Coordinator at 503-675-3901, email@example.com