- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
- Athletic Fields
- Friends Groups for Parks and Natural Areas
- Natural Areas
- Off-Leash Areas For Dogs
- Park Sites and Information
- Parks General Information
- Parks Maintenance
- Picnic Shelter Reservations
- Plans & Projects
- Ranger Station
- Trails & Pathways
- Urban Wildlife
- Volunteer Stewardship
Picnic Shelter Reservations
What picnic shelters may be rented?
- George Rogers Park - Upper Picnic Shelter (Max. 50 people)
- George Rogers Park - Lower Picnic Shelter (Max 75 people)
- Rossman Park Picnic Shelter (Max. 25 people)
- Waluga Park - East Picnic Shelter (Max. 75 people)
- Waluga Park - West Picnic Shelter (Max. 50 people)
- Westlake Park Picnic Shelter (Max. 50 people)
Instruction Guide - How to Rent a Picnic Shelter Online
When may picnic shelters be rented?
Picnic shelters may be rented for use between March 1 and September 30 of each year. Reservations may be made for the current year beginning March 1. The usage fee for a rental block is $60 and a refundable deposit of $25 (up to 50) or $75 (for 50 to 75) depending on the number of people.
What times are available for reservations?
Morning block: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Afternoon block: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Evening block : 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Maximum of two contiguous blocks per day, per reservation.
Note: Two contiguous time blocks may be rented at $60 each. The paper application must be submitted if doing so.
How can I view picnic shelter availability from March 1 through September 30?
Go to: www.loparks.org. There is a merchant processing fee for online picnic shelter transactions.
Click on the Reservations tab at the top of the page.
Click on the FIRST View Facility Details button.
Filter the search by clicking on the arrow next to Location on the left side.
Click the checkbox of the Parks with picnic shelters you are interested in viewing.
Click on the Shelter Name to view details about the shelter, or the View Availability Button on the right side of the page to see availability. Only months with reservations appear.
Rentals for picnic shelter use may be made by going to www.loparks.org. Check availability first by following the instructions above, then apply, pay and get a permit by following the directions in the instruction guide - How To Rent A Picnic Shelter Online (see above).