- Parks and Recreation Home
- Things To Do
- How Do I...
The Tennis Center provides a wonderful place for young people to learn about tennis and to become competent in the sport. There are opportunities to learn and engage in both competitive and noncompetitive play at any age and ability level. There are activities to challenge and engage youth players such as lessons, Junior Aces, Junior Team Tennis, and the Junior Competitive Program.
- Beginner: You have no (or limited) tennis experience.
- Advanced Beginner: You have had some lessons, but need on-court experience to improve fundamentals and develop consistency.
- Intermediate: You have more dependable strokes, but are still working to keep the ball in play with others of the same ability level.
- Youth Lessons: Available for beginning to intermediate players, ages 5-18. Emphasis is on proper strokes and strategies. Classes are offered Mondays & Wednesdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays, or Saturdays. Private lessons are also available. Call the Tennis Center, 503-635-5550, for a listing of our professional teaching staff.
- Junior Aces: Children will love their first tennis experience in this class especially designed for ages 5-6. All racquets and foam balls provided. Tennis shoes required.
- Junior Competitive Program: Accelerated tennis skills, strategy, mental training techniques designed for advanced junior players striving toward advanced competitive play. Instructor approval required.
- USTA Junior Team Tennis: The Tennis Center usually offers USTA Junior Team Tennis opportunities for players under 18 who are match-ready. Players have a chance to build their game and competitive skills while having fun, making friends, and learning teamwork. For more information, contact the Tennis Center, 503-635-5550.