- Planning Home
- Development Review
- Long Range Planning
Historic Resources Preservation Incentive Grant Program
GRANT APPLICATIONS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2017-2018 ARE NOw BEING ACCEPTED
The City of Lake Oswego is now accepting applications for historic resource rehabilitation grants for preservation and repair of historic buildings listed on the City’s Landmark Designation List. Qualifying projects can receive a grant that provides partial reimbursement of the cost to do the work.
Grant applications are available in Planning and Building Services or by using the link below. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on or before June 30, 2017 and will be reviewed by the Historic Resources Advisory Board July 12, 2017. Funding is limited and grant awards will be based on the priorities below. Grants are considered taxable income and must be reported on your income tax return. The project must be completed with all paperwork submitted by June 1, 2018.
The following standards must be met to be eligible for the matching grant:
- The building must be on the City’s Landmark Designation List. Structures that are not on the list are not eligible.
- All work must be performed on the exterior of the structure, and cannot be new construction or an addition.
- Projects must meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Rehabilitation and must be consistent with Lake Oswego Code, Chapter 58 (Historic Preservation).
- Grants are not awarded for materials already purchased or for work that is already in progress or completed.
- Grants are not awarded for projects that solely involve repainting or change in paint color. Painting may be a part of the repair and preparation.
For more details, please contact Paul Espe or call the Planning and Building Services Department at (503) 697-6577.