The Tennis Center provides competitive and noncompetitive play for adults of ability levels. There are activities to challenge every tennis player such as lessons, drill and play, leagues, mixers, and weekly ladders.
- Beginner 0 - 1.5 - New to the sport of tennis.
- Beginner II 1.5 - 2.0 - Limited previous instruction. Needs improvement of stroke technique and consistency. Practices infrequently.
- Advanced Beginner NTRP 2.0 - 2.5 - Beginning to develop sound stroke techniques. Can rally ten ground strokes, other than with a pro, somewhat consistently.
- Intermediate NTRP 2.5 - 3.0+ - Ability to hit consistent ground strokes; knowledge of all strokes; understands and executes singles and doubles positioning and strategy.
- Advanced Intermediate NTRP 3.5+ - Beginning to develop directional control and depth in rallies, seldom double faulting. Able to serve and volley.
Adult Tennis Activities
- Adult Lessons - The Indoor Tennis Center offers an extensive lesson program for beginning to advanced adult players. Programs range from group lessons focusing on skill development, to competitive play. Classes are offered Mondays & Wednesdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays, or Saturdays.
- Drill and Play - Improve your skills with moving drills. Using your current USTA rating for class choice insures a challenging learning environment for all. Morning, Afternoon and Evening sessions available.
- Private Lessons - Private lessons are also available. Call the Tennis Center, 503-635-5550, for a listing of our professional teaching staff.
- Men's Open Play - Meets every Sunday, 7-10 p.m., beginning the first Sunday in November and running through May. Meet new people and enjoy doubles competition in a rotating format. Cost is $20 per person, per night. Call the Tennis Center to register, 503-635-5550.
- Leagues and Ladders - Many other opportunities are provided for competitive and non-competitive play in weekly ladders, City League and USTA Team Tennis. Call the Tennis Center at 503-635-5550 for more information.