The Tennis Center provides a wonderful place for young people to learn about tennis and to become competent in the sport. There are opportunities to learn and engage in both competitive and noncompetitive play at any age and ability level. There are activities to challenge and engage youth players such as lessons, Junior Open Play, Tiny Tots, and Junior Excellence.
- Beginner - New to the sport of tennis.
- Beginner II - Limited previous instruction. Needs improvement of stroke technique and consistency.
- Advanced Beginner - Beginning to develop sound stroke techniques. Can rally 10 ground strokes somewhat consistently.
- Intermediate - Ability to hit consistent ground strokes; knowledge of all strokes; understands singles and doubles positioning and strategy.
- Youth Lessons - Available for beginning to intermediate players, ages 4-18. Emphasis is on proper strokes and strategies. Classes are offered Mondays & Wednesdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays, or Saturdays. Private lessons are also available. Call the Tennis Center, 503-635-5550, for a listing of our professional teaching staff.
- Tiny Tot Tennis - Children will love their first tennis experience in this class especially designed for ages 4-6. All racquets and foam balls provided. Tennis shoes required.
- Junior Tennis Excellence - Accelerated tennis skills, strategy, mental training techniques designed for advanced junior players striving toward advanced competitive play. Instructor approval required.
- Pre-Excellence - For the intermediate level player, striving to become a more advanced, competitive player. Also for those wanting to enroll in Junior Excellence program. Instructor approval required.
- Junior Open Play - Join us for match play on Fridays during the school year from 5-6:30 p.m. Open to juniors 12 and up who are on the verge of, or presently playing matches. Register online for one or all of the Fridays. Call the Tennis Center at 503-635-5550 for more information.
- USTA Junior Team Tennis - The Tennis Center offers USTA Junior Team Tennis opportunities for players under 18 who are match-ready. Players have a chance to build their game and competitive skills while having fun, making friends, and learning teamwork. For more information, contact the Tennis Center, 503-635-5550.