Field Use Permit Process
Field use reservations (for city (parks), elementary and junior high school district fields) are made through Parks & Recreation by application. Reservations may be made for scheduled youth organization seasonal use, games, sports contests, tournaments, camps & clinics and hourly rentals. Practices are first-come, first-served for everyone. If a field is not permitted to an organization or group then use is first-come, first-served.
Field use fees vary based on residency or type of rental. Contact Jean at 503-675-3901 for rental rates.
- All field rental fees from groups other than non-local youth organizations are due at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled activity or the field permit will not be approved.
- A 50% deposit of field fees is due at least 14 days in advance to reserve (permit) fields for tournaments and camps. This is based on the amount of fields requested for the event. If the deposit is not received at least 14 days in advance, the fields will be released back to the public.
Click the link below to apply for a field use permit (including rentals) or to view field availability. You must create an account to use the program.
Priority for field use:
- City activities on City fields with Schools second
- School activities on School fields with City second
- Community youth sports organizations
- Non-profit organizations and non-local youth organizations
- Private groups/individuals or rentals
Lights for Ball Fields
Lighted ball field facilities are available with lighted hours, in most cases, programmed by the Parks & Recreation Department. Facilities under the City's jurisdiction include George Rogers park, East Waluga Park, Westlake Park, Hazelia Field at Luscher Farm, Lake Oswego Jr. High and Lakeridge Jr. High. Lights are not allowed past 10pm to conform with park hours.
Field Condition Hotline
Call the Field Condition Hotline whenever the playing conditions are questionable. The hotline is updated each weekday by 3 p.m. Only team managers should verify field conditions. Managers must use their best judgment regarding playing conditions on weekends, unless Parks & Recreation decides to close the fields for the weekend on Friday afternoon. If the field is too wet, managers accept responsibility for increased injuries and damage to the fields (which may prevent future use).
THE FIELD CONDITION HOTLINE NUMBER IS 503-635-0239.