There are various tennis leagues in the Lake Oswego area. Learn more about the Greater Portland City League, USTA Leagues, and World Team Tennis below.
Greater Portland City League
Greater Portland City League (City League) is an inter-city league run by a board composed of players from member clubs and tennis centers.
- Season: September through May
- Match days: Tuesday and Wednesday 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Fees: $10.00 City League fee, plus court fees, which vary by team.
- Participation: Priority is given to current team members. Other players sign up on a waiting list by contacting the Tennis Center at 503-635-5550. It normally takes at least one to three years to get on a City League team. Selection is made by a team review committee, which meets in May.
USTA Adult Leagues
USTA leagues are a great way to learn and play competitive tennis. Levels of play at the Tennis Center are 2.5 through 4.0.
The Tennis Center does not organize USTA teams. Captains organize their own teams and buy courts from the Tennis Center. Please call the Tennis Center at 503-635-5550 for captains' names and more information.
Seasons for USTA League play:
- Men's and Women's Age 18+: January - March
- Men's and Women's 40+: April - June
- Men's and Women's 55+: August - December
- Men's and Women's 65+: January - April
- Mixed Doubles 18+: September - January
- Mixed Doubles 40+: May - July
- Mixed Doubles 55+: May - July
USTA Junior Team Tennis
The Tennis Center offers USTA Junior Team Tennis opportunities for players under 18 who are match-ready. Players have a chance to build their game and competitive skills while having fun, making friends, and learning teamwork. For more information, contact the Tennis Center, 503-635-5550.
World Team Tennis
World Team Tennis (WTT) is Portland's co-ed outdoor summer league, offered by the Greater Portland Tennis Council. Westlake Park in Lake Oswego is one of many WTT sites throughout the Portland area. WTT is a great way to meet new people and play in public parks. For more information, visit the Portland WTT website, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.