GRANT APPLICATIONS DUE: on or before September 2, 2016
The City of Lake Oswego is now accepting applications for historic resource rehabilitation grants. Grants of up to $3,000 are available for the restoration, rehabilitation and/or repair of historic buildings that are on the City’s Landmark Designation List.
The following standards must be met to be eligible for the matching grant:
- The building must be on the City’s Landmark Designation List. Structures that are not on the list are not eligible.
- All work must be performed on the exterior of the structure, and cannot be new construction or an addition.
- Projects must meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Rehabilitation and must be consistent with Lake Oswego Code, Chapter 58 (Historic Preservation).
- Grants are not awarded for materials already purchased or for work that is already in progress or completed.
- Grants are not awarded for projects that solely involve repainting or change in paint color. Painting may be a part of the repair and preparation.
Grant applications are available in Planning and Building Services at City Hall. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on or before September 2, 2016. They will be reviewed by the Historic Resources Advisory Board at their meeting on September 14, 2016. For more details, please contact Paul Espe or call the Planning and Building Services Department at (503) 697-6577.
An application and a complete copy of the grant guidelines can be found below.