The City of Lake Oswego is now accepting applications for historic resources preservation incentive grants. Grants of up to $2,000 are available for the restoration, rehabilitation and/or repair of historic buildings that are on the City’s Landmark Designation List.
The following standards must be met to be eligible for a grant:
- The building must be on the City’s Landmark Designation List.
- Funding is limited to exterior repair and cannot be used solely for paint projects.
- Projects must meet the Secretary of Interior Standards for Rehabilitation and the Lake Oswego Code.
- Grants are not awarded for materials already purchased or for work that is already in progress or completed.
- An applicant must provide proof of a matching contribution to pay for project costs.
Grant applications are available in Planning and Building Services at City Hall. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on or before September 28, 2012. They will be reviewed by the Historic Resources Advisory Board at their meeting on October 10, 2012. For more details, please contact Paul Espe or call the Planning and Building Services Department at (503) 697-6577.
An application and a complete copy of the grant guidelines can be found below.