Thank you for your interest and participation in Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation Community Events. The City has undergone some changes that have resulted in staff reduction and as a consequence reduced community events. Events eliminated this year include First Fridays, Pets on Parade, Harvest Festival, Holiday Houses of Lake Oswego Gingerbread Competition, September Symphony and Summer Splash Concerts.
We look forward to seeing you at the concerts, the Star Spangled 4th of July Celebration, Movies in the Park and the Farmers' Market!
Holiday Houses of LO
Mon, Dec. 10-Tues, Dec. 25: 2012
Local Businesses throughout Town
2012 Gingerbread Confectionery Champion Revealed! After two weeks of peppermint-filled fun, the final votes have been cast and the scores are in. Graham's Book & Stationery was awarded the 2012 Confectionery Championship for their Gingerbread castle. The culinary masterpiece, which was modeled after King Ludvig's Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, features a trap door, clock tower, and shuffle board game. Confectionery Honorable Mention was awarded to Crave Bake Shop. The two-time Cupcake Wars winner took home second place for their gingerbread house, which was modeled after the store and includes miniature gingerbread cookies, a cake, rock candy walls, and stockings.
Gingerbread Contest Details: Celebrate the holiday season with Lake Oswego Parks & Recreation's third annual Gingerbread House Competition. Local businesses show their skills by creating a one-of-a-kind gingerbread house to display in their store.
From December 10 to 25, visit the following local businesses, check out their one-of-a-kind gingerbread houses, then vote for your favorite!
- Accessories from the Heart: 220 A Ave.
- Crave Bake Shop: 460 Fifth St.
- Frog Pond Toys and Lily Pad Café: 310 N State St.
- Graham’s Book and Stationery: 460 Second St.
- Lake Oswego Hunt Club: 2725 Iron Mtn. Blvd.
- Lake Oswego Smiles: 16699 Boones Ferry Road
- LOCAL- 14: 510 First St.
- Nordby Design Studio/Piper Louie Boutique: 463 Third St.
- Oswego Optique: 466 Second St.
- Peake Academy at Play Boutique: 464 First St.
- Sixpence Antiques: 519 Third St.
- Soletta Shoes: 390 N State St.
- Step It Up Studios: 101 A Ave.
- Stickmen Brewery & Skewery: 40 N State St.
- The Oilerie Lake Oswego: 438 First St.
- World Class Wines: 269 A Ave.
Stop by City Hall or the West End Building to pick up a tour map. Then, visit all the gingerbread homes and vote for your favorite!
The winner of the competition receives a brilliant trophy and bragging rights for the whole year!
Below is a preview of all the homes.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow