Conway House, Circa 1892
Location: 357 E Avenue
John F. Conway purchased this First Addition property in 1891 from the Oregon Iron and Steel Company. The house was probably originally sited on a large lot, possibly with outbuildings, that have since been partitioned. This house was originally built with a simple, rectangular volume capped with a gable roof. Despite additions, the house remains a very good example of the original vernacular style.