Johnson Barn, Circa 1910
Location: 490 G Avenue
This barn was once part of a farm complex, which covered most of the block between 4th and 5th Street. Clifford “Happy” Johnson, the first early postal carrier to procure a delivery wagon, used it as a horse barn. Johnson was also the first postal carrier to use an automobile in the area. This building is significant as the last remaining barn in the First Addition Neighborhood and one of the last of its type in the city. The Johnson Barn is typical of early 20th century barns usually located in more populated areas.