- Public Works Home
- About Us
- Free Items
- Gallons of Water Used
- Kids Corner
- Rebate Programs
- The Clackamas River and You
- Water Management & Conservation Plan
- Weather Stations
- Water Audits
- Water Conservation Tips and Links
- Public Rights of Way & Management
Car Washing Video
Did you know that washing your car in the driveway can use up to 140 gallons of water? Washing your car properly saves water. And water quality.
For more information on how to protect water quality when washing your car in a water-wise manner, check out these City resources:
- To understand the link between car washing and water quality, click here.
- For more detailed guidance on car washing and site management techniques, click here.
- If you’re interested in doing a community car wash, the City maintains car wash kits to manage water volume and quality. Information on reserving the kits is available here.
If you have questions or would like more information contact Kevin McCaleb, Water Conservation Specialist at 503-675-3747. Let’s work together on solutions.