To set up your weekly residential or commercial garbage, recycling, and yard debris/composting pickup, you need to call Republic Services at 503-636-3011.
What goes into my garbage cart?
True, actual garbage that cannot be recycled goes into your garbage. If you are unsure whether something can be recycled, put it in the trash. This includes:
- Frozen food containers (anything "wet strength" is not recyclable)
- Glassware, ceramics and incandescent only lightbulbs (CFLs and LEDs are hazardous waste)
- Plastic film and bags (these can be taken to any grocery story for recycling)
- To-go cups and containers
- Items labeled "compostable" (these cannot go into your green bin)
- Pet waste
What do I have to leave out?
The following items are not accepted in your trash cart:
- Paint (recyclable at Sherwin Williams or Miller Paint)
- Motor oil
- All Electronics (Free to recycle at Far West Fibers)
- CFL and LED light bubls
- Prescription medications
- Yard Debris
The majority of these items are considered to be hazardous waste and need to be taken to the Metro South Transfer Station at 2000 Washington Street, Oregon City.
Large items can be picked up by Republic Services for an additional "bulky waste" hauling fee. Or, you can save them for our annual Community Clean Up Day where all items can be donated or disposed of for free!