Bike Commute Workshop
Join us for a free one-hour bike commute workshop covering laws, skills, basic gear, and basic maintenance, presented by the Bicycle Transportation Alliance. This is a great introductory workshop for people who are new to bicycling or interested in learning more about how to enjoy safe and comfortable bike commuting in all seasons. Experienced commuters are encouraged to come and share their tips with fellow riders and hopefully walk away with new knowledge as well.
Topics covered at the workshop include:
- Basics of riding – laws, traffic signals and signs, how to handle bike lanes, bike boxes, tracks, and sidewalks
- Skills – hand signals, turning, sharing the lane, and changing lanes
- Choosing gear – bikes, helmets, lights, locks, accessories, cold and rain gear, carrying kids and cargo
- Route planning – resources and taking bicycles on transit
- Q&A – answers to questions from new or experienced riders
The workshop is free and open to the public; feel free to bring your lunch.
To RSVP and for questions, contact Susan Millhauser, Sustainability Coordinator, by email or at 503-635-0291.