Great news! Despite all the challenges 2020 has brought, we are well past the halfway mark with overall construction of the project, and on track for completion in late 2021!
Utility Undergrounding is Complete!
Last night, we reached a major milestone: PGE removed the final remaining overhead utility pole in the project area [photo featured herein]! All utility overhead poles are now removed and all utility cables and wires are underground within the project limits! Next time you travel through the project area, see if you can notice the difference. Here are a few before and after photos:
Undergrounding utilities has been a highly complex and complicated effort since construction started in summer 2019. THANK YOU to all the utility companies, property owners, businesses, customers, and the traveling public for your patience and coordination with this huge feat. There have been many challenges and obstacles along the way, but with collaboration, communication and teamwork, we were able to accomplish the task!
Upcoming Traffic Impacts – Bryant Road & Firwood Road Closure
Crews are making solid progress building the new raised landscaped medians between Bryant Road and Madrona Street. Concrete pours are scheduled to occur over the next few weeks for portions of the medians.
Soon, the intersection of Bryant x Firwood x Boones Ferry Road will be completely reconstructed and paved. This intersection work will result in a temporary closure on portions of both Bryant Road and Firwood Road. To minimize impacts, this work is planned to take place over one weekend starting at 10 p.m. Friday, November 6 through 6 a.m. Monday, November 9.
During this time:
- Bryant Road will be closed to through traffic between Upper Drive and Boones Ferry Road
- Northbound traffic on Bryant Road will be detoured onto Upper Drive and Reese Road
- Firwood Road will be closed to through traffic between Waluga Drive and Boones Ferry Road
- Traffic on Firwood will be detoured onto Waluga Drive and Madrona Street
- The signal will be turned off and flaggers will direct traffic through the intersection
- One lane in each direction is expected to remain open on Boones Ferry Road during most times
- Access will remain open to all businesses in the corridor – use Boones Ferry Road to access business driveways
- There will be periods where traffic will be traveling on gravel or rock while they rebuild and grade the roadway – drive safely
Please plan ahead for extra travel time or find an alternate route during these closures. Click here for a detour map.
This work is weather dependent and subject to change. Stay tuned for another update prior to this work.
Once Bryant Road intersection paving is complete, crews will finish the remaining medians between Bryant Road and the Lake Grove Shopping Center.
Grading, Curbs, Sidewalks, Planters & Road Widening
Progress continues on the streetscape improvements on the east side (McDonald’s side) of Boones Ferry Road between Madrona Street and Oakridge Roads.
New ADA curb ramps, curbs, driveway aprons, stormwater planters, and sidewalks continue to be installed. Ongoing concrete pours for these elements will continue over the coming weeks.
Ongoing day work and intermittent night work continues throughout the project area. When work is occurring at night, traffic is flagged and shifted to one lane. Any night work occurring in or near the signalized intersections requires flagged traffic.
Thank you to all residents, businesses, property owners, and the traveling public for your continued patience with the construction and impacts.
For more information email email@example.com, call 503-697-6573 or follow the city on social media with #boonesferryproject and #followthebluecones.