Progress, Progress, Progress!
Crews continue to make great progress on the transformation of Boones Ferry Road!
Here are some recent highlights and corresponding photos of the project:
- The remaining new traffic signal poles and mast arms have been installed at the Oakridge intersection, and new intersection at McDonalds!
- Street light poles are being installed along new sidewalks between Madrona Street and Reese Road. Crews have been testing those in the area south of Bryant Road, and they are now activated and lighting up the right-of-way!
- New sidewalks have been poured on the east side of Boones Ferry between Bryant and Reese Road
- Irrigation is being installed, and planting soil is being placed in the new stormwater and landscaped planters and medians. Plants, trees, grasses, shrubs will start arriving and being placed in February!
- New bike racks are in, benches, a water fountain and trash cans!
- Metal lettering embedded in colored concrete has been placed in portions along the new sidewalks, and interpretive cutouts along portions of the coreten stormwater planter edging is installed!
Next Big Traffic Switch – Early February
Weather permitting, in late January, crews plan to pave the remainder of the east side (McDonald’s side) of the new widened roadway between Bryant Road and Reese Road. This work will be coordinated with affected businesses.
Once this area is paved, crews plan to switch their work zone to the west side of the road (Riccardo’s/Chevron side). Between Bryant Road and Reese Road, traffic will be shifted onto the east side of the road, so crews can begin working on the west side improvements and widening. This is expected to occur in early February.
The temporary traffic configuration of one lane in each direction plus a center turn lane will remain. Some existing striping will be removed and new temporary striping placed. Please watch for changing traffic patterns and plan some extra time through the work zone as the traveling public gets used to the change.
Work on the west side improvements is expected to take a few months to complete. Once this area is complete, crews will move to the center of the roadway to start working on the new medians between Bryant and Reese Road.
In mid-February, traffic lanes between Oakridge Road (at the post office) and Lanewood Street will also shift. Crews will begin working on the east side improvements (Giant Burger side).
Crews are working intermittently at night along Boones Ferry Road between Bryant Road and Red Cedar Way, and also on Bryant Road between Boones Ferry and Upper Drive to finish installing stormwater manholes and pipe. This is expected to continue for a few more weeks. Expect delays during night work as traffic will be flagged.
#Shop Lake Grove Raffle
Have you entered the raffle? Enter today, it’s so easy! And you could win a $100 gift card to one of our participating businesses!
➡ Take a photo at a participating Lake Grove business (list is here)
➡ Post your photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram* OR email it to email@example.com
➡ Mention the business in your post/email and use #ShopLakeGrove to win!
Two winners will be drawn monthly to receive a $100 gift card to a local #ShopLakeGrove participating business of their choice.
For all the details, click here! And, if you are an eligible business and would like to sign up to participate, complete this survey!
*To be considered in the raffle entries, social media posts must be “public.”
Looking for the latest information on the Mercantile redevelopment at the corner of Kruse Way and Boones Ferry Road? Check out this quarter’s construction update here.
For more information, visit boonesferryproject.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 503-697-6573 or follow the city on social media with #boonesferryproject and #followthebluecones.