Heads up, Lake Oswego! New pavement is coming! While we are in the final stretch of construction, we can all still expect a few more major traffic impacts before the street transformation is complete. Read on to learn what to expect with upcoming paving work.
Pavement Patches on Bryant Road: 9/8 – 9/10
Starting Wednesday, 9/8 through Friday, 9/10, crews will be permanently patching several utility trenches on Bryant Road between Boones Ferry Road and Upper Drive. This work is in preparation for final paving, which is expected to occur at night in mid-September.
- Work hours for this activity are 4 a.m. through 3 p.m. The traveling public should expect significant delays on Bryant Road, particularly during the morning commutes.
- On Wednesday, 9/8 the signal at Bryant Road and Upper Drive will be turned off and flaggers will direct traffic through the intersection. Delays are expected. Please find alternate routes or plan ahead for extra travel time during this work.
Reese Road/Lake Grove Avenue Intersection Paving: 9/13 – 9/14
Starting Monday night 9/13 and continuing through Tuesday 9/14, the intersection of Lake Grove Avenue and Reese Road will be reconstructed and paved. During this time:
- Lake Grove Avenue will be closed to all through traffic between Reese Road and Upper Drive. Residents and businesses: please access driveways from Upper Drive.
- One lane will be open on Reese Road, with flaggers directing traffic.
- Expect delays and plan extra travel time.
Final Permanent Paving: mid-late September
One of the final major components of the project is the remaining two-inch top lift layer of asphalt. This “final lift” of paving is currently scheduled to occur the week of 9/13 and 9/20. To minimize traffic impacts, the bulk of this work will take place at night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Key information:
- Paving work will be taking place on Boones Ferry Road between W. Sunset Drive and Red Cedar Way, and on portions of side streets including: Madrona Street, Bryant Road, Firwood Road, Quarry Road, Reese Road, Oakridge Road, Lanewood Street, and Red Cedar Way.
- Up to two traffic signals will be turned off at a time as crews progress and rotate through each intersection.
- Please watch for signage and obey flaggers directions. Expect delays and plan extra travel time.
- Access to driveways will be temporarily closed when the paving equipment approaches each driveway.
- Residents and businesses should expect an increase in noise and vibration during the paving operation, as there will be a lot of trucks, large equipment, and vibratory rollers compacting the new asphalt.
- There will be periods where traffic will be traveling on rough ground, gravel or rock while they grind and prepare the roadway – please drive cautiously.
- Weather permitting, lane striping will occur two weeks after the final paving.
Paving schedules are weather dependent and subject to change.
Another update will be posted prior to the final top lift paving.
Thank you for your patience as we embark on these final impactful activities to transform Boones Ferry Road!
For more information, email email@example.com, call 503-697-6573, visit www.boonesferryproject.org or follow the city on social media with #BoonesFerryProject.