While we are in the final stretch of construction, we can all still expect a few more major traffic impacts before the street transformation is complete. Read on to learn what to expect over the coming weeks.
Reese Road/Lake Grove Avenue Intersection Paving: 9/13 – 9/14
Starting Monday night 9/13 at 8 p.m. and continuing through Tuesday 9/14 at 6 p.m., the intersection of Lake Grove Avenue and Reese Road will be reconstructed and paved. During this time:
- Lake Grove Avenue will be closed to all through traffic between Reese Road and Upper Drive. Residents and businesses: please access driveways from Upper Drive.
- One lane will be open on Reese Road, with flaggers directing traffic.
- Expect delays and plan extra travel time.
Final Permanent Paving: 9/13 – 9/24
One of the final major components of the project is the remaining two-inch top lift layer of asphalt. This “final lift” of paving is currently scheduled to occur the week of 9/13 and 9/20. To minimize traffic impacts, the bulk of this work will take place at night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Key information:
- Paving will be taking place on Boones Ferry Road between W. Sunset Drive and Red Cedar Way, and on portions of side streets including: Madrona Street, Bryant Road, Firwood Road, Quarry Road, Reese Road, Oakridge Road, Lanewood Street, and Red Cedar Way.
- On Monday 9/13 and Tuesday 9/14, crews will be grinding parts of the roadway in preparation for paving.
- There will be periods where traffic will be traveling on rough ground, gravel or rock after they have prepared the roadway – please drive cautiously.
- Up to two traffic signals will be turned off at a time as crews progress and rotate through each intersection.
- Please watch for signage and obey flaggers directions. Expect delays and plan extra travel time.
- Access to driveways will be temporarily closed when the paving equipment approaches each driveway (at night).
- Residents and businesses should expect an increase in noise and vibration during the paving operation, as there will be a lot of trucks, large equipment, and vibratory rollers compacting the new asphalt.
- Weather permitting, permanent lane striping will occur two weeks after the final paving.
Paving schedules are weather dependent and subject to change.
Remaining Work Continues through Fall
Landscaping installation resumes next week, and is expected to continue through mid-November. Please watch for shifting lane closures during this work.
Signal Activations & Mid-block Crossings
The new mid-block crossings at Zupan’s and Wells Fargo are now expected to be activated in late October, along with the McDonald’s and Oakridge Road signals.
Miscellaneous Concrete Repair/Pours
Concrete pours and remediation/repair work will continue to take place through this fall for specific areas that remain, or where curbs, ramps, gutters, or sidewalks may need to be replaced or fixed. Please watch for shifting lane closures and traffic safety cones throughout the whole project corridor. Repair work is taking place between Madrona Street and Lanewood Street.
Thank you for your patience as we embark on these final activities to transform Boones Ferry Road!
Who’s Who on Boones Ferry Road
Last month, we featured Piper Louie Home Boutique as our featured business!
This month we’ll be featuring Casa del Pollo. Stay tuned for their video, or read all about our featured businesses here!
Interested in winning a $100 gift card? Enter our #ShopLakeGrove raffle today!
It’s easy to enter:
- Take a pic at a participating business (visit link in bio for the details)
- Post it on social (make sure your post is public!) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mention the business & use #ShopLakeGrove!
- Remember, this raffle runs throughout major construction of the Boones Ferry project and each month it starts fresh. Over 30 businesses are participating!