LU 19-0005: A request for Development and Conditional Use Permits and Design and Minor Variances to construct a new City Hall and associated parking.
Project Background / Summary:
The applicant is requesting the following:
- A Development Review Permit to construct a new 59,000 sq. ft. City Hall in the Downtown Redevelopment Design District (DRD);
- A Conditional Use Permit to construct an ancillary parking lot in the PF zone;
- Numerous design variances to the DRD Standards (please see below);
- A minor variance to the max. 8-ft. retaining wall height to allow a walls ranging from 8 to 16 feet with modified landscaping; and,
- The removal of 52 trees.
The requested design variances are as follows:
- Approval for simple massing rather than the required complex massing [LOC 50.05.004.5.a];
- Approval of a primary flat roof rather than a pitched roof [LOC 50.05.004.5.c], with an increase to 41-foot height limitation for flat roofs to [LOC 50.05.004.5.e];
- Approval to design the City Hall in the NW Regional style, rather than one of the three Lake Oswego styles [LOC 50.05.004.6.a];
- Approval for storefront appearance exceptions to 3rd Street elevation, specifically to not provide the 80% storefront fenestration [LOC 50.05.004.6.b] or pedestrian awnings [LOC 50.05.004.6.g];
- Approval to allow board-form concrete as ground floor cladding material instead of masonry on the 3rd Street and south elevations [LOC 50.05.004.6.c.i];
- Approval for an exception to allow landscape walls supporting the surface parking lot to be board-form concrete instead faced in natural stone [LOC 50.05.004.8.i].
Lake Oswego City Hall
380 & 320 A Avenue/ 322 & 366 3rd StreetLake Oswego, OR 97034
See map: Google Maps
City of Lake Oswego (O) Sidaro Sin (A)
Johanna Hastay, Senior Planner
Apr 15 2019 - 7:00pm
Apr 1 2019 - 7:00pm
Public Record of File