2018 City Council Election Information
An election for three City Councilor positions will be held during the General Election on November 6, 2018.
- Registered to vote in Oregon.
- City resident continuously during the twelve months immediately preceding the election, with residency continuing while in office.
About the City Council
- The City Council includes a mayor and six councilors.
- The City Council also serves as the Redevelopment Agency Board, and serves alongside citizen members on the Budget Committee.
- Regular Council meetings take place on the first and third Tuesdays of the month at 6:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. respectively. Special meetings are held as required.
- All councilors are elected in the 2018 General Election are elected at large for a term of four years beginning January 1, 2019 and ending on December 31, 2011.
- Positions are nonpartisan.
- City Councilors serve as volunteers and may receive a small monthly stipend to cover expenses.
- Councilors must file an annual Statement of Economic Interest with the Oregon Government Ethics Commission (OGEC).
How to File for Candidacy
If you are interested in running for office, contact the City Recorder for an appointment to review the process, paperwork, and deadlines for filing a prospective petition. Prospective Petitions may be filed beginning May 30, 2018, and the completed petition must be filed with the City Recorder by 5:00 p.m. on August 28, 2018.
Detailed filing instructions and other important information about local elections are included in: