2020 City Council Elections
On November 3, 2020, Lake Oswego residents will vote for a Mayor and three City Councilors. The four year terms will begin on January 1, 2021 and end on December 31, 2024. All Councilor positions are elected without respect to position or area. The three candidates who receive the greatest number of votes cast are elected to the Council.
The following is the final listing of candidates filing completed petitions to be included on the ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election. The position of Mayor and three Council positions are open on the Lake Oswego City Council, each for four-year terms beginning January 1, 2021. The Council positions are elected at large. Residents are to vote for three candidates for City Council. If you have any questions please contact Anne-Marie Simpson, City Recorder at 503-534-4225.
For Mayor – vote for one
- Joe Buck
- Theresa Kohlhoff
- John LaMotte
For City Council – vote for three
- Emma Burke
- Melissa Fireside
- Massene Mboup
- Aaron Rapf
- Rachel Verdick
I, Anne-Marie Simpson, City Recorder of the City of Lake Oswego do hereby certify that this is a true and correct copy of the original thereof in the files of the Recorder’s Office of the City of Lake Oswego.
August 31, 2020
More election information
- The 2020 City Council Candidate Guide and The City of Lake Oswego Operations and Project Resource Guide contain helpful information for candidates.
- The City Charter has more details about the City's form of government and elected positions; Lake Oswego Code provides additional information about elections.
- Registration: Voters must be registered with the Secretary of State's office by October 13 to vote in the 2020 general election.
- Ballot drop box locations
- Rules relating to posting political/election signs