- City Manager Home
- City Recorder
- Emergency Info
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Preparedness Fair
- Public Alerts - Emergency Notification
- Neighborhood Preparedness & PrepLO
- 3 Steps to Preparedness
- Are You Ready?
- Business Preparedness
- Pet Preparedness
- Phone Numbers You Should Know
- Cascadia Subduction Zone
- Flood Insurance
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
- Trip Check
- Tips for Winter Travel
- Summertime Vehicle Safety Tips
- Active Shooter Response
- Power Outage
- Heat Wave Tips
- Create an ICE Document
- Public Affairs
Be prepared for power outages - and remember flashlights are safer than candles!
Report an outage
When your lights go out, let us know as soon as possible. If you speak with a customer service representative, it’s helpful if you can provide any of the following information:
- Are your lights dim or out?
- Did you check your fuse or breaker box for blown fuses or tripped circuits?
- Are your neighbors’ lights out?
- Is a power line down?
- Did a tree limb fall on a power line?
- Is there any damage to the utility pole?
- Are the streetlights out?
- Did you hear a noise?
Report an outage:
- Phone: Call 503-464-7777 (Portland) or 800-544-1795 to report a power outage or downed line through our automated system. You can also request a call back when power is restored. Please call only once to allow other callers to get through.
- Online: Go to PortlandGeneral.com to report a power outage or to get an update. You can also view a map and list of current outages by ZIP code.
Outage Map - shows outages in the PGE service area.
Outage List - current outages, by county.
More resources and advice - including:
- What to do if you see a downed power line
- Find a dependable electrical contractor
- Tips on food storage and cooking during an outage
- Special instructions for life-support patients
- Surge protection for your home electronics
- Surge and power backup devices for business