- City Manager Home
- City Recorder
- Emergency Info
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Preparedness Fair
- Public Alerts - Emergency Notification
- Neighborhood Preparedness & PrepLO
- 3 Steps to Preparedness
- Are You Ready?
- Business Preparedness
- Pet Preparedness
- Phone Numbers You Should Know
- Cascadia Subduction Zone
- Flood Insurance
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
- Trip Check
- Tips for Winter Travel
- Summertime Vehicle Safety Tips
- Active Shooter Response
- Power Outage
- Heat Wave Tips
- Public Affairs
Be prepared for power outages - and remember flashlights are safer than candles!
Portland General Electric has your guide for action when the power goes out.
Report an outage
When your lights go out, let us know as soon as possible. If you speak with a customer service representative, it’s helpful if you can provide any of the following information:
- Are your lights dim or out?
- Did you check your fuse or breaker box for blown fuses or tripped circuits?
- Are your neighbors’ lights out?
- Is a power line down?
- Did a tree limb fall on a power line?
- Is there any damage to the utility pole?
- Are the streetlights out?
- Did you hear a noise?
Report an outage:
- Phone: Call 503-464-7777 (Portland) or 800-544-1795 to report a power outage or downed line through our automated system. You can also request a call back when power is restored. Please call only once to allow other callers to get through.
- Online: Go to PortlandGeneral.com/Outage to report a power outage or to get an update. You can also view a map and list of current outages by ZIP code.
Outage Map - shows outages in the PGE service area.
Outage List - current outages, by county.
More resources and advice - including:
- What to do if you see a downed power line
- Find a dependable electrical contractor
- Tips on food storage and cooking during an outage
- Special instructions for life-support patients
- Surge protection for your home electronics
- Surge and power backup devices for business