Blood Drive - City Hall 2/1/24
Join us for a blood drive on Thursday, February 1, at City Hall, 380 A Ave. The blood drive runs between 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Schedule your appointment at www.redcrossblood.org or by downloading the Red Cross Blood Donor App (Text BLOODAPP to 90999) - use sponsor code LOCityHall.
For more information or assistance with scheduling, call 1-800-RED-CROSS.
You can make a difference!
Did you know...
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Blood is essential to help patients survive surgeries, cancer treatment, chronic illnesses, and traumatic injuries. This lifesaving care starts with one person making a generous donation.
- The need for blood is constant. But only about 3% of age-eligible people donate blood yearly. You can help the American Red Cross make sure that supply meets demand.
- One blood donation can save up to three lives.
- Doing good does you good. People usually donate because it feels good to help others, and altruism and volunteering have been linked to positive health outcomes, including reducing stress, improving your emotional well-being, helping get rid of negative feelings, and providing a sense of belonging.