Free Items to Help Conserve Water
The City offers devices and tools that can help save thousands of gallons of water every year. The following devices and tools are available at the 2nd-floor reception desk at City Hall and are free of charge to all Lake Oswego water customers. City Hall is open for walk-in traffic or fill out this form and we will gather the requested items and arrange pick-up.
- Leak Detection Dye Tablets - Helps determine if there is a toilet leak.
- Faucet Aerators - Save as much as 500 gallons per person per billing cycle or 3000 gallons per year.
- High-Efficiency Shower Heads - Save 650 gallons per person per billing cycle or 3900 gallons per year.
- Shower Timers - Helps you take shorter showers and save 1500 gallons per person per billing cycle or 9000 gallons per year.
- Hose Timers - Minimize overwatering with ease by using a hose timer to shut off the water coming through your hose.
- Soil Moisture Probes - A probe tells the water content of soil. They can help manage irrigation systems more efficiently, use less water, and water more appropriately for the type of plants in the yard.
- Rain Gages - These devices measure rainfall and sprinkler output. They can help determine how much water sprinklers need to add to the lawn or shrubs.
These devices are an important water management tool in that they prevent an irrigation system from watering during or immediately after a rain event. The City of Lake Oswego offers all water customers the opportunity to purchase a rain sensor for $5.00. Fill out this form, and once you receive the rain sensor, a $5.00 charge will be applied to your utility account billing.