Free Items to Help You Conserve Water
The City offers devices and tools that can save you thousands of gallons of water every year. The following devices and tools are available at the 2nd-floor reception desk at City Hall and are free of charge to all Lake Oswego water customers. City Hall will open for walk-in traffic on April 19. Or, fill out this form and we will gather the requested items and arrange contactless pick-up.
- Leak Detection Dye Tablets - Help determine if you have toilet leaks
- Faucet Aerators - Save as much as 500 gallons per person per billing cycle or 3000 gallons per year
- High-Efficiency Shower Heads - Save 650 gallons per person per billing cycle or 3900 gallons per year
- Shower Timers - Help you take shorter showers and save 1500 gallons per person per billing cycle or 9000 gallons per year
- Hose Timers - Minimize overwatering with ease by using a Hose Timer to shut off the water coming through your hose.
- Soil Moisture Probes - A Probe tells you the water content of your soil. They can help you manage your irrigation systems more efficiently, use less water, and water more appropriately for the type of plants in your yard.
- Rain Gages - These devices measure rainfall and sprinkler output. They can help you determine how much water your sprinklers need to add to your lawn or shrubs.
These devices offer an easy way to prevent your sprinkler system from watering during or immediately after a rain event. Rain sensors have been on the market since around 1980. They are an important water management tool in that they prevent irrigation during and immediately after a rain event. The City of Lake Oswego offers all water customers the opportunity to purchase a rain sensor for $5.00. Fill out this form, and once you receive the rain sensor, we will apply a $5.00 charge to your utility account billing.
Call Kevin McCaleb
Water Conservation Specialist