2023 Waterline Rehabilitation Project
Background and Scope
Water Distribution Rehabilitation projects are designed to replace aging water infrastructure in the distribution system either identified in the Water System Master Plan, by Operational Staff, or ahead of other projects. This phase of work includes replacing approximately 4,000 lineal feet of 2” to 8” wide waterlines located in the following streets:
- Cabana Lane from North Shore Road to 644 Cabana Lane
- Galen Road from 73-80 to end (hydrant)
- Johnson Terrace from Hazel Road to end
- Pioneer Court from Bryant Road to end
- Touchstone from Hotspur to Falstaff
- Uplands Drive from Wembley Park Road to Ridgecrest Drive
These pipelines have reached the end of their useful life and are more susceptible to leaks and breaks until they have been replaced. The project will replace these pipelines with new ductile iron pipes and associated services to the existing water meter boxes.
Design work is complete and the City expects to go out to bid for a contractor in June 2023. Construction is expected to start summer 2023 and continue through the end of 2023.
More information about what to expect during construction will be provided once a contractor is on board.
David Kudna, Project Manager