Public Improvements for West Lake Grove Townhouses
Habitat for Humanity is building 23 single family homes on 1.89 acres of property located along the east side of Boones Ferry Road across from Washington Court. The complex is called West Lake Grove Townhouses.
As part of this private development project, several public improvements will also be constructed including:
- A new water line with meters and fire hydrants
- A new stormwater line and sewer line
- New ADA curb ramps on three out of the four legs of the intersection at Boones Ferry Road and Washington Court
- New detection installed at the signal
- A new southbound left turn pocket installed from Boones Ferry Road into the subdivision
- New signalized pedestrian crossing on the north side of the intersection
February 15, 2024:
Starting Thursday, February 22 through March 6, expect major traffic impacts and lane shifts on Boones Ferry Road between Pilkington Road and Upper Drive. Crews are installing a new stormwater pipe and sewer pipe.
What to expect with this work:
- Work hours for this activity are 9 am-6 pm, Monday to Friday, and some weekends.
- Travel lanes will be shifted and reduced to one lane in each direction. Please watch for signage and follow directions.
- The signal at Boones Ferry Road and Washington Court will be shutoff and flaggers will direct traffic through the intersection.
- The traveling public should expect significant delays in the work area. Please find alternate routes or plan ahead for extra travel time during this work.
Please note, schedules are subject to change.
February 1, 2024:
Crews are mobilizing to the site to start working on the development. Work taking place along Boones Ferry Road for the public improvements is expected to start in mid-February.
Expect intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the intersection of Boones Ferry Road and Washington Court for this work. Night work may also be taking place at times. Stay tuned for more information.