Wastewater Rehabilitation 2020
The project involves the rehabilitation of public mainlines and public laterals, and reconnection of each homeowner’s private house service line to those rehabilitated public laterals or mainlines. The project does not include work on privately owned house service lines, except for reconnection to the public lines.
Construction is expected to begin in spring 2020, and be complete in fall 2020.
Work is expected to be conducted in phases.
Phase 1 work areas:
• Andrews Road from 1166 Andrews Road easterly to 10th Street
• 10th Street from Andrews Road northerly to 894 10th Street (including 1050 Sunningdale Road)
• Line serving 202, 205, and 232 Berwick Road
• Line serving 42 and 64 Berwick Road
• 6th Street between Ellis Avenue and Evergreen Road
Phase 2 work areas:
• Line within Mountain Park Common Area near Jefferson Parkway
• Lines in State Street near McVey Avenue
• Lines serving 688 Oak Street and 531 and 577 Laurel Street
• Line under Lost Dog Creek near 1672 Lake Front Road
• Line in Greentree Road between Cherry Crest Avenue and Weidman Court
• Line serving 1658 Laurel Street
• Cornell Street between Spruce Street and Cedar Street (including 1118 Cedar Street)
• Line serving 1190 and 1191 Oxford Drive
• Meadows Drive from 1545 Meadows Drive northerly to Hemlock Street
• The intersection of Lakewood Road with Middlecrest Road
Phase 1 work is expected to start in June 2020. Phase 2 work is expected to begin later; likely late summer or early fall.
Allowable construction hours are Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturdays. Construction is not allowed on Sundays or holidays. There will be temporary road lane closures during construction; traffic will be controlled with appropriate signage and/or flaggers. When needed, emergency access will be accommodated to any property, even during working hours. Roadways will be opened at night and other non-working hours.
What to expect during construction
• Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood
• Local access to all properties will be maintained, but construction activities may
impact normal use of your driveway.
• You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic
control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
• On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work
environment and to stage equipment and materials.
• Some equipment and materials may be stored on your street or nearby streets
• A city inspector will be available during work hours and may be able to assist you
with an immediate need during construction.
• Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction, request
may be made to limit water used during specific construction activities. A separate
notification will be given when needed.