News & Announcements
The Lake Oswego Fire Department is offering free home assessments for homes in the Wildland-Urban Interface. Assessments focus on the home ignition zone and provide recommendations on ways to protect your home from wildfire.
Recommendations may include:
- Remove flammable debris from your roof and gutters.
- Cut back tree limbs at least 10 feet from the roof line.
- Remove all combustible items from under your deck or porch.
- Plant fire-resistant plants.
- Keep grass mowed to less than 4 inches in height.
Cooking brings family and friends together, provides an outlet for creativity and can be relaxing. But did you know that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries?
By following a few safety tips you can prevent these fires.
Fire can spread rapidly through your home, leaving you as little as one or two minutes to escape safely once the alarm sounds.
There is something about the fall and winter months and curling up with a good book by the fireplace. But did you know that heating equipment is one of the leading causes of home fire deaths? With a few simple safety tips and precautions you can prevent most heating fires from happening.