Using the Library
The public is now able to:
- Browse all library materials on all 3 floors
- Receive in-person help at all public-service desks
- Use internet computers on a walk-in basis, as well as copiers and printers
- Enjoy curated displays and book lists
Visitors to the library can also expect:
- Indoor holds pickup
- Outdoor holds pickup available by request
- Certain spaces and services to remain closed for now, including early literacy computer stations and toys for children
- The Library Conference Room has a temporary max. capacity of 6 people due to the current COVID-19 surge
- Most programming to remain virtual for now, but some small book groups and computer classes are meeting in-person
- Hours to remain steady: Mon-Thu 10-7, Fri-Sat 10-5, and Sun 1-5
Masks Required, Effective August 13
According to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), masks are once again required for people ages 5 and up in indoor public settings to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Masks are recommended, but not required, for children ages 2-4. For more information, please visit the OHA website. We encourage library visitors to bring their own masks, and we have disposable masks available upon request.
Thank you for your help to keep Lake Oswego healthy!
Returning Library Materials
You are welcome to return materials to the following locations at this time:
- Library - 706 Fourth St (North side of building for drive through book drop or front of building for automated return machine)
- West Waluga Park Book Drop - 15775 Waluga Drive
- Mountain Park Book Drop - Jefferson Parkway (across from 1 Jefferson Pkwy apartments, adjacent to Mountain Park Recreation Center)
- Luscher Farm - 17800 Stafford Road (turnoff next to the Hazelia Field Dog Park)
- Yakima Building - 4101 Kruse Way (East side of building)
The following book drop is CLOSED until further notice:
City Hall (under construction)
- Library of Things materials can be returned to staff during service hours: Monday - Thursday 10am - 7pm, Friday & Saturday 10am - 5pm, and Sunday 1pm - 5 pm
- Connect to your account online at lincc.org. Login with your card number and PIN to renew items and review your account.
- Call the library Renewal Line with your card or ID number for assistance at 503-697-6582.
- Dial into TeleCirc, our 24-hour automated phone service, by calling (503) 659-8634 on a touch-tone phone.
- Library card holders can check out as many as 80 items and place up to 40 holds at one time! Materials that are not on hold for other users may be renewed for up to 5 additional checkout periods. Loan periods are standard across all libraries in LINCC.
Fines and Lost Items
The fine for overdue materials is $0.25 cents per day for each item to a maximum of $3 for children's materials and $5 for adult and teen materials.
If Lake Oswego Public Library items are lost or returned damaged, a replacement charge is assessed. The replacement charge, minus any overdue fines, will be reimbursed if the lost item is returned within six months of its final due date.
If you are certain that an item which is showing lost on your record was returned to the library, please contact the Circulation Department at 503-697-6582. We will do our best to help resolve the issue.
Assistance with Overdue Fines
Staff are eager to remove overdue fines from individual accounts to reduce barriers to library use. Simply speak with a staff person about your account; we are here to help.