- Library Home
- Summer Reading
- Anti-Racism & DEI
- Cultural Pass Express
- Calendar of Events
- Contact Us
- Library Cards & Accounts
- Books & More
- Support LOPL
- Lake Oswego Reads
- About LOPL
Visiting the Library!
Browsing and Computer Access Now Available
Great news! Starting Wednesday, June 16, Lake Oswego Public Library is delighted to restore browsing as well as many other services. Some limitations are still in place.
The public is now able to:
- Browse all library materials on all 3 floors
- Receive in-person help at all public-service desks
- Use internet computers on a walk-in basis, as well as copiers and printers (please note that a limited number of computers are available due to distancing requirements, and individual use will be limited to 30 minutes)
- Enjoy curated displays and book lists
Visitors to the library can also expect:
- A time limit of 30 minutes
- A capacity limit for each floor of the building, with a total building capacity of 115
- Limited seating
- Indoor holds pickup
- Outdoor holds pickup to remain available by request
- Certain spaces and services to remain closed for now, including the library conference room, story pit, early literacy computer stations, and toys for children
- Programming to remain virtual for now
- Hours to remain steady: Mon-Thu 10-7, Fri-Sat 10-5, and Sun 1-5
At this time, the city continues to ask visitors and staff to wear masks (for ages 5 and up) and maintain social distancing. We are monitoring announcements from the State of Oregon and the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration, in order to make and communicate changes as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Returning Library Materials:
You are welcome to return materials to the following locations at this time:
- Library - 706 Fourth St (North side of building for drive through book drop or front of building for automated return machine)
- West Waluga Park Book Drop - 15775 Waluga Drive
- Mountain Park Book Drop - Jefferson Parkway (across from 1 Jefferson Pkwy apartments, adjacent to Mountain Park Recreation Center)
- Luscher Farm - 17800 Stafford Road (turnoff next to the Hazelia Field Dog Park)
- Yakima Building - 4101 Kruse Way (East side of building)
The following book drop is CLOSED until further notice:
City Hall (under construction)
- Library of Things materials can be returned to staff during service hours: Monday - Thursday 10am - 7pm, Friday & Saturday 10am - 5pm, and Sunday 1pm - 5 pm
- Connect to your account online at lincc.org. Login with your card number and PIN to renew items and review your account.
- Call the library Renewal Line with your card or ID number for assistance at 503-697-6582.
- Dial into TeleCirc, our 24-hour automated phone service, by calling (503) 659-8634 on a touch-tone phone.
- Loan periods on all library materials have temporarily been extended to 4 weeks until further notice, with the exception of Library of Things materials which check out for 2 weeks.
- Library card holders can check out as many as 80 items and place up to 40 holds at one time! Materials that are not on hold for other users may be renewed for up to 5 additional checkout periods.