Using the Library
Lake Oswego Public Library is open 7 days a week, welcoming the entire community to read, learn, and connect. Visit the library Monday - Thursday 10am - 7pm, Friday & Saturday 10am - 5pm, and Sunday 1pm - 5pm, or access our digital collections 24 hours a day.
- You can use your library card at any LINCC Library! For a list of LINCC libraries, please visit lincc.org/locations. You can also use your mobile device as your library card by downloading the LINCC mobile app!
- Library card holders can check out as many as 80 items and have up to 40 items on hold at one time.
- If we don’t have something you’re looking for, let us know! We might be able to find it for you through our ILL program.
- Browse our Library of Things, a collection of unique items for checkout.
Checkout & Loan Periods
The loan periods for most materials are standard across LINCC:
- 14 Days - Adult New Fiction, Lucky Days, DVDs, Blu-Rays, Video Games, Magazines, Library of Thing
- 28 Days - Youth Books, Adult Books, Graphic Novels, Audiobooks, CDs, LPs
- Most materials that are not on hold for other users may be renewed for up to 5 additional checkout periods.
- Connect to your account online at lincc.org. Login with your card number and PIN to renew items and review your account.
- Call the library Renewal Line with your library card or ID number for assistance at 503-697-6582.
- Dial into TeleCirc, our 24-hour automated phone service, by calling (503) 659-8634 on a touch-tone phone.
Returning Library Materials
If you would like your items to be checked in immediately, you are welcome to use our automated return at the library 24/7.
You may also return materials to the following bookdrop locations at this time:
- Library - 706 Fourth St (North side of building for drive through bookdrop or front of building for automated return)
- West Waluga Park Book Drop - 15775 Waluga Drive
- Pilkington Park - 19043 Pilkington Road
- Mountain Park Book Drop - Jefferson Parkway (across from 1 Jefferson Pkwy apartments, adjacent to Mountain Park Recreation Center)
- Luscher Farm - 17800 Stafford Road (turnoff next to the Hazelia Field Dog Park)
- Yakima Building - 4101 Kruse Way (East side of building)
- City Hall - 380 A Avenue
Library of Things materials can be returned to staff during open service hours.
Fines and Lost Items
Overdue fines may accrue a charge of $0.25 per item per day, but staff are eager to remove overdue fines from individual accounts to reduce barriers to library use. Simply speak with a staff person about your account; we are here to help!
If Lake Oswego Public Library items are lost or returned damaged, a replacement charge is assessed. The replacement charge, minus any overdue fines, will be reimbursed if the lost item is returned within six months of payment. If you are certain that an item which is showing lost on your record was returned to the library, please contact the Circulation Department at 503-697-6582. We will do our best to help resolve the issue.
Return to Library Cards & Your Account
ADA Accommodation Request