Keep Using the Library!
The Lake Oswego Public Library is closed until at least April 28, 2020, in order to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and support public health.
We recognize that this service disruption will impact our community and did not make the decision lightly. Library and city management are following the guidance of public health officials and will continually reassess the situation and our response.
To support our library users during this time, we have made the following adjustments:
- All materials will have due dates extended to at least two weeks after the library re-opens.
- All hold pick-up dates have been extended, and will continue to be extended, until at least one week after the library re-opens.
- Please keep checked-out library materials until after the library re-opens.
We encourage you to explore the multitude of ways you can continue taking advantage of library resources and services, even if you cannot visit the physical library. With your library card, you have free, 24/7 access to the following digital services:
- E-books and e-audiobooks for children, teens, and adults – and we are temporarily expanding the number of available ebooks and audiobooks in cloudLibrary
- Full-text e-magazines and audiobook collections with RBDigital
- Streaming video with Kanopy – and we are temporarily doubling the number of play credits for each library card holder
- Art and craft video tutorials with Creativebug
- Book recommendations and read-alikes with NoveList Plus
- Language learning with Pronunciator
- And much more!
Residents without a library card can register for an e-card, granting instant access to our online content.
The LINCC mobile app is also free to download on your devices. Use it to browse the collections, access your account, place holds, check out e-books and e-audiobooks, renew items, and more.
Need help from a staff member? We are still here for you via phone! Lake Oswego Public Library will continue to offer telephone services, Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and continued support of your library.