ONLINE: LOPL Trivia!
This event repeats every month on the third Thursday 6 times.
**Please fill out our trivia registration form to be emailed the meeting invitation.**
Join your hosts, Chris and Carissa, for another Thursday night of good old-fashioned brain games. We will have more fun trivia questions and another Powell's gift card on the line! Got questions or comments? Email Chris at email@example.com
Google answer sheet link: https://tinyurl.com/answerslopl
- It lasts about 90 minutes. We are almost always done by 8:30 p.m.
- It's like pub trivia but shorter and you're not in a pub. Snacking and drinking during the contest are encouraged but not required.
- Six rounds of five questions each. We go through each question twice then you have a couple minutes to submit the Google Form with your answers for Round One. When you submit that form you will automatically get a link to the answer sheet for Round Two, and so on.
- We have very occasional multiple-choice questions, but most questions are just free-response.
- We take scoring breaks after Rounds Two and Four, and then at the end for as long as it takes us to tabulate the final results.
- It is highly advisable to have two devices booted up and signed in: One on which to see/hear the questions, and one on which to submit the Google Form. For example, a laptop and a tablet. Or a desktop and a laptop. Or a laptop and your phone.
- The third round is almost always visual ID (recent themes for the visual ID have included national parks, activist athletes, and American muscle cars, just to give you a sense), so it's good to have the largest screen possible for that. The final round is almost always Name That Tune, so it's good to have decent audio for that (not to mention you want to hear the witty banter from me and the host, Carissa).
- You may have as many people on your team as you want to (more is better, and also more fun), and teammates do not need to be in the same location.
- You should think of a fun, PG-rated name for your team, and use that name to submit your answers (only one answer form per team) in each round.
- The winning team receives a $25 e-gift card to Powells delivered to their email inbox. Thanks to the Friends of the Library for funding this prize!