Often shoppers wishing to purchase items at the Farmers’ Market do not have cash (only debit or credit cards) and many vendors do not accept this form of payment. In order to remedy this, the Market sells tokens at the Parks & Recreation Merchant Services Booth, which is located next to the restrooms at Millennium Plaza Park. These tokens can be used to purchase items from ALL vendors (excluding City of Lake Oswego representatives).
- Tokens may be purchased using a credit or debit card that is backed by VISA, Discover or MasterCard.
- Shoppers may purchase tokens in $5 denominations. A $1.50 service charge will be added to each transaction for patrons (this covers the cost of using the machine).
- Shoppers can treat tokens just like cash. For example, if a customer buys an item for $3 with a $5 token, vendors give the shopper $2 cash in return. Vendors will give shoppers change at the time of purchase.
- Tokens have no expiration date.
Through generous sponsorships from Subway and Smile Oswego Dental, the LO Farmers’ Market offers a weekly match program of up to $20 per SNAP purchase. This increases food access by up to $80 per month.
How it Works:
- Go to the Parks & Recreation Merchant Services Booth (located next to the pergola) at the Market.
- Swipe your Oregon Trail card for tokens to buy SNAP eligible foods.
- Through sponsorships from Subway and Smile Oswego Dental, the LO Market will match up to $20 a day for eligible foods.
- Shop at the LO Market!
What can I buy with my SNAP dollars?
Fruits, vegetables, breads, meats, fish, poultry, dairy products and seed plants that produce food for the household to eat. Alcohol, hot foods, and nonfood items including artisan goods are not eligible. No change may be given for $1 tokens.
The Oregon Farm Direct Nutrition Program is a state-administered USDA Nutrition program that provides pre-printed checks to nutritionally at-risk young families enrolled in WIC (Women, Infants & Children) program and to eligible low-income seniors. FDNP recipients receive green $4 checks to spend directly with authorized farms who sell their own produce at the Market.
Oregon WIC Fruit & Veggie Vouchers:
Oregon WIC Fruit & Veggie voucher is a monthly benefit that is given to all women and children enrolled in the Oregon WIC Program. WIC Fruit & Veggie Vouchers come in 5, $6 and $10 denominations. WIC recipients may spend their money with authorized farmers at the Market.