Lake Grove Village Center Parking Management Plan
This project developed a Parking Management Plan for the Lake Grove Village Center (LGVC). The creation of the Parking Plan is one of the key measures of the Lake Grove Village Center Plan. The project was guided by a Stakeholder Advisory Committee with representatives from the adjacent neighborhoods and Lake Grove Business Association, and Lake Grove business and property owners.
- Build on the Lake Grove Village Center Plan vision, objectives and identified improvements.
- Identify Project desired outcomes to create a more walkable community as envisioned in the Lake Grove Village Center Plan.
- Inventory existing parking to provide baseline and forecast parking needs based on redevelopment assumptions and Project desired outcomes.
- Address local and regional (Regional Transportation Functional Plan) transportation performance objectives through evaluation of alternatives and solutions.
- Implement Lake Grove Village Center Plan policy that replaces lost parking due to the programmed Boones Ferry Road improvements.
- Identify ways for property and business owners to share parking and combine access.
- Identify a network of connected parking lots so that vehicles are not required to reenter Boones Ferry Road to maneuver through the LGVC.
- Develop a tool-box of strategies to manage parking including incentives to increase the efficient use and turn-over of existing parking.
- Identify market responsive parking standards that more accurately reflect the different demands for new development and redevelopment.
- Identify at least three potential sites to accommodate future parking demands.
- Revise parking code standards and comprehensive plan as needed to implement Project outcomes.
- Ensure coordination and actively engage property owners, businesses, residents, stakeholders, and elected and appointed officials in all phases of Project.
- Develop draft and adoption-ready parking plan as Lake Grove Village Center Plan amendment and Community Development Code amendments to implement the Lake Grove Village Center Parking Management Plan.
- Develop feasible and realistic financial strategies and cost estimates for potential parking sites.
View the Lake Grove Parking Management Plan.
The City Council held a public hearing and adopted the Lake Grove Parking Management Parking Plan on May 3. View the meetings and read the materials for the Council and Planning Commission meetings at the bottom of the page.
In 2008, after many years of work by community stakeholders, the Lake Grove Village Center Plan was adopted by the City Council. The Plan provides a framework and outlines implementation measures to achieve the community’s vision for a welcoming, mixed-use, and pedestrian-friendly neighborhood community in Lake Grove. The Parking Management Plan is one of the key measures for implementing the vision and addressing some of the issues identified throughout the Lake Grove Village Center planning processes.
The major goals of the Parking Plan project included working with the community stakeholders in identifying strategies for managing parking in the District, ensuring no net loss of parking resulting from the Boones Ferry Road Improvement Project, and locating three potential locations for public parking facilities.
The project was funded by a grant from the Transportation and Growth Management (TGM) Program, a joint program of the Oregon Department of Transportation and the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development. This TGM grant is financed, in part, by federal Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century ("MAP-21"), local government, and State of Oregon funds.
The Lake Grove Parking Management Plan was adopted by the City Council on May 3.
The public hearing for the Lake Grove Parking Plan was May 3, 2016. Watch the meeting and view the materials at http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/citycouncil/city-council-and-redevelopment-agency-4
The City Council reviewed the Plan during a study session on April 19. Watch the video of that meeting and read the meeting materials at http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/citycouncil/city-council-and-redevelopment-agency-3
The Lake Grove Parking Management Plan was presented to the Planning Commission at their work session on December 14. On February 22, the Planning Commission held a public hearing and moved to recommend the City Council approve the plan. View the materials at http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/boc_pc/planning-commission-103.
The Planning Commission also approved code amendments to implement measures in the Parking Plan. The City Council will also be holding a public hearing on the proposed code amendments on May 3. To view those materials, visit http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/boc_pc/lu-16-0001-code-amendements-implement-lake-grove-village-center-parking-management-plan.