Redevelopment Agency Projects
The Lake Oswego Redevelopment Agency (LORA) implements revitalization projects specified in the City Council-adopted East End Redevelopment Plan and Lake Grove Urban Renewal Plan. Each year the Agency adopts a budget authorizing specific expenditures consistent with adopted urban renewal plans.
Current Project include:
- North Anchor - The Redevelopment Agency is partnering with Urban Development + Partners to redevelop the site with a mix of uses include a boutique hotel, residential and retail.
- New City Hall - The new City Hall is currently under construction. Phase 1; move into the new building is scheduled Spring 2021 and Phase 2; demolition of the existing city hall, upper parking and civic plaza scheduled to be completed in Fall 2021.
- Boones Ferry Road - The Lake Grove Village Center Urban Renewal Plan was adopted in 2012. The Boones Ferry Road project is currently under construction and scheduled to be completed in Fall 2021.
Past East End projects include:
- Parks and pathway projects, including Millennium Plaza Park, Sundeleaf Plaza Park, and the Headlee Walkway.
- Public/Private redevelopment, including Lake View Village site assembly, The Windward (public parking and walkway), relocation and construction of a new Main Fire Station, and public parking development.
- Property acquisition for parking and redevelopment projects, including Lake View Village and the First Street North Anchor.
- Street and utility infrastructure improvement projects, including A Avenue, First and Second Streets, Third Street Alley/pathway improvements, Leonard Street, 5th Street/A Avenue Pedestrian Crosswalk, North Shore/State Street intersection improvements, and sewer utility projects.