- Lake Oswego Reads Home
- 2021 Selection
- LO Reads Calendar
- Previous Books
- About Lake Oswego Reads
- 10 Year Anniversary Video
- 11th Annual Video
- 12th Annual Preshow
- Books Considered for 2020
- Books Considered for 2019
- Books Considered for 2018
- Books Considered for 2017
- Books Considered for 2016
- Books Considered for 2015
- Books Considered for 2013
- What the Authors are Saying
- Awards & Recognition
- Steering Committee
- Library Home
About Lake Oswego Reads
What is the purpose of this program?
To provide an enjoyable common reading experience for the entire city of Lake Oswego and promote the public library as an educational and cultural hub for the community. This program is designed to bring the community together by inviting participants to read a book and enjoy a series of events which expand on the book's unifying cultural, social, and political themes.
Who can participate?
Anyone high school aged or older.
What would I be required to do?
Read the book, discuss it and/or attend events. These events are conveniently located and free of charge.
What are the guidelines for book selection for Lake Oswego Reads?
The selected book must:
• Be for high school aged readers and older.
• Appeal to a wide range of readers.
• Strengthen civic pride, foster discussion among residents, and bring the community together through the common bond of reading.
• Offer opportunities for additional citywide special events.
• Be affordable and available in paperback, audiobook, and eBook.
• Author and/or authority available to speak.
Who selects the book?
The Steering Committee for Lake Oswego Reads, consisting of librarians, community leaders, high school English teachers and high school students: https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/loreads/steering-committee
The book is selected from suggestions from the public and the committee. Suggestions can be given to Nancy Niland at: email@example.com.
Lake Oswego Reads Artist Exhibition Criteria
- is a Professional Artist
- creates in a medium that compliments the exhibition
- is a responsible for:
- Following the exhibition requirements
- Participating in the:
- Author/Artist Audience
- Transportation & curation of the traveling show
- Other jobs such as: Artist name tags/Lecture ticket coordination/Curation/Show cards/scheduling of traveling show/Distribution of returned paintings in Dec.
To be considered to participate in the LO Reads Art Exhibition the Artist should send the following to the LO Reads Art Exhibition Director.
- 5 examples of their work.
- Artist Statement
- Website Address
LO Reads Art Exhibition Director will review the images & information from each Artist & put them in the file for the following year. When the book is distributed in the fall & the artists are assembled, each artist will be considered on the quality of the work, medium & availability.
Send information to Jan Rimerman, LO Reads Art Exhibition Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org