Start the year off right by eating healthy and local – and get a FREE farm tote bag – with a share in Lake Oswego’s Lusher Farm winter/spring CSA! 16 weeks (across 8 pickups) of fresh, responsibly farmed, locally grown vegetables like crunchy Tuscan kale, purple sprouting broccoli, sweet winter squash, and lots more – perfect if you’re doing the Whole 30 Plan. All for as little as $3.30 a day! More info is available at:
You'll be set to pick up a bag of delicious veggies, straight from your farmer, twice a month through the winter and spring. And for as little as $3.30 a day (or $5.90 a day for a more ample, family-size pickup). On average, you'd pay 10-20% more for the same veggies at your local natural food store or farmers market. I'm really proud of the value we continue to offer our shareholders.
We've got a lot planned for our shareholders over the course of our winter CSA – Marina do Chioggia winter squash, cippolini onions, Amish butter popcorn, Gills Golden Pippin, fingerling potatoes, orange cauliflower, purple broccoli, red cabbage, beets, daikon, Poblano and Anaheim peppers... And a lot more, all picked at the peak of ripeness over the next six months.
Getting started is easy: simply call the Lake Oswego Parks and Rec registrars at 503-675-2549 and stop on by to grab your bag of produce. Instant gratification!
We think you'll love it. Looking forward to seeing you in the big white barn!
(p.s. Learn more about our Farm and Winter CSA here)
LEARN MORE ABOUT A WINTER/SPRING OF GREAT PRODUCE!
HOW DOES OUR WINTER SHARE WORK?
Our share comes in two sizes:
Regular (half) share, which is great for smaller households or couples; or
Family (whole) share, which feeds a family of four pretty nicely.
BUT WHAT DO YOU GET?
1. About a grocery bag of veggies twice a month (or two bags if you’re taking home a full share), depending of course on how big the veggies are during that part of the season. Here's a running tally of what shareholders have taken home in the past for reference.
2. Members-only access to Cook With What You Have, cooking maven Katherine Deumling’s database of hundreds of recipes keyed to what’s in your share
3. Some of the freshest, tastiest vegetables in town
4. You’ll know your farmer! Doesn’t get any more local than that!!
5. And did we forget to mention: glorious vegetables! Like sweet winter carrots, fingerling potatoes, tender tasty winter greens, popcorn, heirloom winter squash... and lots more!
Give it a try this winter. We think you'll love it!