State Legislation and Rulemaking: Summer 2019 – Winter 2020/2021
- June 2019: State Legislature adopts HB 2001.
- Dec 2020: State Land Conservation and Development Commission adopts the implementing rules for HB 2001 (Division 46).
Information Gathering and Research: Winter 2020/2021 – Spring 2021
- Nov 2020: City staff and a consultant team led by Cascadia Partners begin to work to analyze neighborhood conditions in Lake Oswego.
- Jan - Feb 2021: Neighborhood Character Interviews and Survey conducted.
- Apr 2021: City releases materials that outline concepts and alternatives to comply with HB 2001.
- May 2021: City Council and the Planning Commission receive presentations on initial findings and provide direction on a work plan for the next phase of the project.
Ad-Hoc Advisory Committee Process: Summer – Fall 2021
- June 2021: Council formally appoints an Ad-Hoc Middle Housing Code Advisory Committee (MHCAC) to provide high-level policy guidance to the Planning Commission.
- July - Oct 2021: MHCAC holds six (6) meetings to discuss key issues related to middle housing implementation.
- Nov 2021: MHCAC presents recommendations, City Council directs staff to draft code amendments that are required to be adopted by the June 30, 2022 deadline.
Code Development and Refinement: Winter 2021/2022
- Dec 2021: City hosts virtual Middle Housing Community Forum
- Dec 2021 - Feb 2022: Planning Commission work sessions held to refine proposed code amendment recommendations.
- Feb 2022: City Council study session held to discuss Planning Commission draft code recommendations.
Code Adoption: Spring – Summer 2022