- Coronavirus Home
- City Status & News
- Business & Employee Resources
- Community Resources
- Health & Wellness
- City Department Links
- Precautions You Can Take
- Trusted Information Resources
Homeowners & Renters
Governor Brown and the Coronavirus Economic Advisory Council are working with lenders and exploring state and federal policy solutions.
The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau created a guide to mortgage relief options related to coronavirus. If you’re among those financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, you might be concerned about how to pay your mortgage or rent. Federal and state governments have announced plans to help struggling homeowners during this time. Get information on what to do now, and what your options are for mortgage and rental relief.
The Department of Consumer and Business Services has provided guidance to Oregon lenders.
Homeowners and Renters
- Landlord tenant laws/housing rights resource line 503-650-5750: Clackamas County Housing Rights and Resources Center
Renter assistance: Fannie Mae
Clackamas County Coordinated Housing Access - If you are on verge of, or experiencing houselessness, please contact 503-655-8575 for information on rent assistance.
Community Alliance of Tenants (CAT) is a resource for rent assistance, housing connections, legal council, and quality of housing disputes. The CAT Renter's Rights Hotline is open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays 1-5 p.m. and Tuesdays 6-8 p.m. at 503-288-0130.
- Oregon lawmakers passed a $30 million coronavirus relief fund on April 23, 2020. That package directed $12 million to help pay rent and fund safe shelter alternatives. $8.5 million is available for rental assistance to Oregon renters. For eligibility and to apply call:
- Clackamas County Social Services Department, 503-655-8640
- Multnomah County Department of Human Services, 503-988-7453
- Washington County - Community Action 503-648-6646