Mask Up, Lake Oswego

Face Coverings or masks are required statewide in indoor public spaces and in outdoor public places when physical distancing is not possible. This includes all private and public workplaces including classrooms, offices, meeting rooms and workspaces, unless someone is alone in an office or in a private workspace.

Children age 5 and up are required to wear a face covering. People with a disability or medical condition may request accommodation from the business if they cannot wear one.

Wearing a face covering protects our community and helps reduce the spread of COVID-19. We have a shared responsibility to protect each other:

  • Wear face coverings
  • Maintain physical distancing
  • Wash and sanitize your hands
  • Stay home when sick

Let's keep doing our part to protect ourselves and our community. Stay covered, Lake Oswego.

How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering

Your face covering should:

  • Reach above the nose, below the chin, and completely cover the mouth and nostrils
  • Fit snugly against the sides of the face
  • Be made of multiple layers of fabric that you can still breathe through
  • Be able to be laundered and machine dried without damaging the material or shape

The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators.  Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by the CDC.

How to Make a Face Covering

The CDC has helpful tutorials and guidelines on making your own face coverings.

Try creating a cloth face covering using bandanas, ski masks, washable napkins, dish towels, curtains, quilted sheets, t-shirts or even car covers! You can use shoe laces or other items found around the house too for the ear loops!

Compliance with Face Covering Mandate

Questions or complaints about enforcement of face coverings? Contact Oregon Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA)! OSHA is leading the enforcement of face covering requirements for all Oregon businesses. Complaints can be filed online through their website or call 503-378-3272 with questions.

Other Helpful Links