Mental Health & Support Services

Call 503-655-8585 - the Clackamas County Crisis Line - they are there for you!

Hope and connection are important in these trying times. While the Clackamas County Mental Health Center is not open to walk-ins, the phone number is available 24/7. This number is not just a crisis line, the staff there can provide support for anyone who might be worried or anxious about what is going on.

Mental Health Crisis Lines

Clackamas County Crisis Line
Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support. Military veterans may press ‘1’ for specialized care.

Oregon Youthline
Text: teen2teen to 839863
Chat: online

Senior Loneliness Line
Provides 24/7, free, and confidential support to older adults.

The Trevor Project Suicide Prevention Lifeline for LGBTQ youth
1-866-4-U-TREVOR (1-866-488-7386)

Trans Lifeline's Peer Support Hotline
Peer support service run by trans people.

Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255; press #1

Remember, call the Clackamas County crisis and support line at 503-655-8585 or your healthcare provider if stress gets in the way of your daily activities for several days in a row. You are not alone in this. They are there to support you.

Domestic Violence Resources

Outbreaks and disasters can lead to increases in domestic violence. Please know help is always available.


  • LOPD Emergency: 911
  • LOPD Non-emergency: (503) 635-0238
  • National Sexual Assault 24-Hr Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
  • National Domestic Violence 24-Hr Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE


What if I suspect a child is being abused?

Please call the Oregon Child Abuse Hotline to report suspected child abuse or neglect at 1-855-503-(SAFE)7233. More resources are available at the Oregon Child Welfare website.

Elder Abuse

If you need to report suspected elder abuse about yourself or someone else, please contact Lake Oswego Adult Resources Officer Dawn Pecoraro at 503-635-0221 or You can also call the state-wide abuse hotline at 855-503-SAFE (7233).

Help for Gambling Addiction

If you have a gambling addiction that is made worse by events related to COVID-19 support is available. Visit the Oregon Health Authority to find resources to help you. Treatment and counseling services are available free to any Oregon resident who has problems related to gambling either as a problem gambler or as a family member or friend of a problem gambler.

Problem Gambling Helpline
Call: 1-877- My Limit (1-877-695-4648) or by Instant Messaging/Chat/Email

Help Children Cope with the Stress they May be Experiencing

Children often react to stressful events differently than adults. How the child in your life reacts will vary by age and experience. Children react in part on what they see from adults around them. When parents and caregivers can deal with an event calmly and confidently, they provide can provide strong support for the children in their lives.

You can find more resources and learn about how to support children of all ages by visiting CDC’s Helping Children Cope website.