- Coronavirus Home
- City Status & News
- Mask Up, Lake Oswego
- Business & Employee Resources
- Community Resources
- Mental Health & Wellness
- City Department Links
- Precautions You Can Take
- Trusted Information Resources
Schools & Childcare
Lake Oswego School District
For all information relating to the Lake Oswego School District, visit their website.
Governor Brown's Guidance on Education and Childcare
Visit the Governor's COVID-19 website, for the most current guidance on education and childcare, including:
- Why are schools closed for the rest of the year?
- Why are schools closed for the rest of the year? (Full Remarks)
- Where can I find the Distance Learning for All formal guidance to school districts?
- How can I find out more about childcare and early learning closures?
- Should I keep sending my child to child care if I'm not considered an essential worker?
- What support is the state offering to child care providers at this time?
- What do I do if I run a home-based child care program or early learning center?
- Why are child care programs able to stay open when schools are required to close?
- What are resources for parents of a child with a disability?
- What are child care resources for families?
- Are publicly funded programs such as Preschool Promise, Oregon Pre-Kindergarten and Relief Nurseries required to close?
- What should I do if I need to find care for my child?
- What are the recommendations for colleges and universities?
- If I have a student at home, how do we get free internet?
- With schools closed, where can students receive free meals?
Oregon Department of Education (ODE)
Please visit the Oregon Department of Education for current information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Is there financial assistance available for childcare?
In partnership with OHA, the Early Learning Division (ELD) has created new tools for addressing concerns in child care around COVID-19. Essential Workers are prioritized to receive Emergency Child Care. This includes first responders, emergency workers, health care professionals, critical operations staff and essential personnel, and other individuals working outside of the home. You can find more information on the Oregon Department of Education Early Learning Division’s website or by contacting 211.info.
- Call 211 and follow the prompt for Child Care
- Text the keyword “children” or “niños” to 898211 (TXT211)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org