Additional Fall Programs
With many schools and offices remaining virtual for the foreseeable future, Parks & Recreation has developed some additional activities and classes to meet your needs--all with COVID-19 safety protocols, of course! Check out the list below of additional programs added outside of the Fall Parks & Recreation Activities Guide:
Cultural & Fitness:
- VIRTUAL Intro to Birdwatching: From the adorable chickadee to the magnificent bald eagle, birds are truly captivating. Did you know that there are over 500 species of birds in Oregon? Learn how to identify birds in your backyard and beyond, and go on a field trip with an experienced guide. Ages 18+. Resident $28/Non-resident $42.
21903 9:30-10a M/W 9/21-10/28
- VIRTUAL Birding: Beyond the Backyard: Go beyond the backyard in this extended course! Virtual and on-site field trips may be scheduled during the course. Ages 18+. Resident $28/Non-resident $42.
21904 10:30-11am M/W 9/21-10/28
- VIRTUAL All About Cats (Free): Want to know more about your favorite pet? Join in this weekly meow-and-tell with your friends and learn about cats! Ages 5-12.
Register on Zoom 6:30-7pm W 9/23-10/29
- REOPENING OF THE TEEN LOUNGE: The Teen Lounge reopens on September 8. Open Monday-Friday from 3:30-7:30p. Membership required and COVID-19 safety protocols in place. For details, visit the website.
Note: There have been some modifications to our fitness classes due to continued COVID-19 restrictions, and some additional programs have gone virtual.
- Farm Saturdays: Spend Saturday morning at the Farm. Explore all the wonderful life in the gardens. Learn about bugs and birds, and what makes a garden grow. Harvest veggies and flowers, play games and create masterpieces. Ages 5-12. Resident $40/Non-resident $60.
21899 9a-1p Sa 9/19
21900 9a-1p Sa 10/3
21901 9a-1p Sa 10/17
21902 9a-1p Sa 11/7
- Sweet Treats and Barnyard Birthday Party: Enjoy your child’s birthday while we take care of the party. Visit the Children’s Garden, pick flowers, paint flowerpots, and decorate cupcakes. Party supplies, cupcakes, and party favors are provided. Call 503-534-5284 to reserve. Limit 10 people including parents and siblings. Seating will be based on physical distancing. Ages 3-14. Resident $235/Non-resident $270.
- Farm Tours for Your Pod: Gather your neighborhood pod and come to the farm for a hands-on guided tour. Feed the chickens, learn about organic gardening, explore the worm bin, investigate pollinators, and learn about seeds. Create a farm craft and play games. Minimum of 4 children, maximum of 8. Call 503-534-5284 to set up 2-hour tour. $15 per child. Ages 5-12.
- SUP, Kayak and Canoe Rentals with Alder Creek at George Rogers Park: Rentals have expanded to continue daily from 10a-6pm (last rental goes out at 4p) through September 7. In addition, it will be open weekends 9/12-9/27. For all the details, visit the website.
- Parent & Me Yoga (at the farm!): You won't find a cuter workout partner than your own toddler! A great way to connect with your child while gaining physical and mental benefits. Ages 2-3 + parent. Resident $24/Non-resident $36. Class held at Luscher Farm.
21905 8:45-9:15a Wed 9/9-9/20